lunedì 7 aprile 2014

NICKY EGAN "THE 45 HOMESTEAD PROJECT"

Spent four years in Boston, MA at Berklee College of Music where I received my degree in Contemporary Writing and Production as a vocal principal. While there I met and befriended a bunch of insanely talented and inspiring people who have helped me in finding and continuing the musical journey I'm currently on. I will forever hold these people dear to my heart. In my senior year of college, I ran The Berklee Entrepreneur Action Team. Inspired by a performance my band had participated in at Penn State's THON, I founded and directed an 8-hour dance marathon dubbed "Keeping the HeartB.E.A.T." The event and our team brought over 600 people to the House of Blues Boston and generated over 12,000 dollars, which was donated towards pediatric care and research at the Jimmy Fund.I released my debut album, Good People, a 12 song LP, I co-produced with my band-mate and dear friend, Johnny Simon Jr, on January 7th, 2011 independently. There are a lot of really special people who both played and worked on the album with me and I'm pretty sure I won't experience making another album quite like that one.I've seen about 55% of the country touring and playing music, both with my band and bands I've played in. Between traveling from show to show and taking pictures on my iphone of sunsets and sunrises and yelping the best local breakfast spots, I've been fortunate to meet and/or share the stage with other soul/funk acts like, Charles Neville, Eli 'Paperboy' Reed, Jesse Dee, The Funky Meters and Nigel Hall, in places like The Whisky a Go-Go, World Cafe Live, Brooklyn Bowl, Hotel Cafe, and Bear Creek Music Festival.I hope to see the rest of the country and travel overseas, playing sweet soul tunes and traveling with people I love for a long time. NICKY EGAN

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento