mercoledì 11 febbraio 2015

WHITEY MORGAN "GRANDPA'S GUITAR"

This album is dedicated to my Grandfather, William Henry Morgan. I keep one of my most cherished possessions in a dusty old shoe box full of memories. It's an old memorex cassette tape of my Grandpa picking and singing alone in his basement room. He picks and sings some of his favorites on the very guitar I would eventually learn to play on - The guitar that has inspired everything I have done in the last 15 years of my music career, including this collection of songs. I picked a couple that he loved and some that have always kept me company in many dark, lonely, motel rooms across this country. From the painfully-hard-to-record "Grandpas Guitar," to a drunkin’ late night version of "Dead Flowers" — these songs are as close to the real me as I have been in a long time. Hell, I even threw in a song by the man himself from that old cassette tape that started the whole thing. WHITEY MORGAN
 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento